Security and Privileges
By Mukhtiar Zamin
- Students are auto-evaluated against related topics to ensure they learned it.
This lab introduce you to security and privileges implementation in MySQL and MS SQL Server.
- Basic Database Administration
- Access control and privileges
- Access control in MySQL
- Creating users
- Granting and revoking privileges
Access control and privilege system allows a database administration to create comprehensive access rules for handling client operations and effectively preventing
unauthorized clients from accessing the database system.
Access control in MySQL
The MySQL access control has two stages when a client connects to the server:
- Connection veri?cation: a client, which connects to the MySQL database server, needs to have a valid username and password. In addition, the host from which the client connects has to match with the host in the MySQL grant table.
Request veri?cation: once a connection is established successfully, for each state-ment issued by the client, MySQL checks whether the client has suf?cient priv-ileges to execute that particular statement. MySQL has the ability to check a privilege at the database, table, and ?eld level.
Video Recording of Lab
Watch the interactive video [Lecture Toolbar > InVidea]