By Mukhtiar Zamin
- Students are auto-evaluated against related topics to ensure they learned it.
A "Priciple" is a fundamental truth that serves as the foundation for a system. Finding Truth is a fundamental principle in Justice system.
A Software engineering principles are a collection of approaches, styles, philosophies, and best practices recommended by software engineers and authors. They serve as guidelines to ensure the final version of a piece of software fulfils its purpose.
Following are the few of common known principles that you must understood and apply.
1. Agile Manifesto
For maximum benefits of the software organization, They must follow agile manifesto which guides them to:
- Individuals and interactions
– over processes and tools
- Technical and non-technical staff should follow a defined process to carry out their responsibilities and for communication they should use the best tool to automate the process. This helps in tracking and optimizing the overall performance of individual and organization.
- Working software
– over comprehensive documentation
- Only meaningful documentation should be carried out. For example use agile unified process to record software analysis and design via UML in CASE tool.
- Customer collaboration
– over contract negotiation
- Verbal commitments have least value, therefore every important commitment should be in a contract form with win-win situation on both sides.
- Responding to change
– over following a plan
- Changes should be carefully carried out in software, Because for non-technical customer a change may be simple but on technical side that might affect you architecture, Therefore a proper change request form must be processed to accept any change in the software.